Skip to main content

The End of Aathmaanam - முடிவில் - Page 185

In the end













Place
me
inside an old rusted
iron box
locked firmly
for
three days
three hours
three minutes
three seconds
and in the end
when summoned
I will emerge out
as I was
with my unrusted iron
with more
peace

Footnote: Aathmaanam practices the sensational Houdini escape in this poem ... he becomes an illusionist stunt performer with his own skilled art of poetry

Comments

  1. முடிவில் - பக்கம் 185
    ஆத்மாநாமின் மிக சிறந்த கவிதைகளில் இதுவும் ஒன்று என்று நினைக்கிறேன். என்னை அழித்தாலும் என் எழுத்தை அழிக்க முடியாது என்று சொல்லும் அதே தோனி என்னை(என் கவிதை) எங்கே வேண்டுமென்றாலும் எவ்வளவு ஆபாயமான இடத்தில் வேண்டுமென்றாலும் ஒளித்து வையுங்கள் மீண்டு வரும் போது என்னில்(என் கவிதையில்) எந்த மாசும் ஒட்ட வாய்பில்லை. இங்கே மூன்று நாள், மூன்று மணி, மூன்று வினாடி என்பது ஏசுவின் உயிர்த்தெழுதல் பற்றிய குறிப்பிடுவதாக எடுத்துக் கொள்ளலாமா?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most striking thing is that, this is the last poem. Not sure if Brammarajan chose this to be or Atmanaam decided on this. The cross-section between intuition and illusion is perhaps the best way to end this book of poetry.
    The metaphors chosen to illustrate his sense of entrapment, the iron box/trunk stood in the passageway and strangely I have stared at this as many times as my father and perhaps Atmanaam. The poet can't be held..his departure is perhaps the only continuous presence..perhaps he is here, right behind me..or within the binary of this blog..


    Dad's Version

    In the end

    In an old rusted
    Iron trunk
    I was placed
    locked firmly
    three days
    three hours
    three minutes
    three seconds
    even when called in the end
    I
    just like that
    with unrusted iron strength
    shall come out
    later
    in peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Di: Nundha இருப்புச்சத்து.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap