Skip to main content

Aathmaanaam's War and Peace - உலக மகா யுத்தம் - Page 167

World's greatest war


On a roof top
there was a fight
between a crow and a squirrel
The crow flew after being chased by the squirrel
While the crow flew the squirrel jumped
In the end
The squirrel flew
and the crow ran
Nothing happened to anyone

Footnote: Smiling Smiley :)

Comments

  1. இறுதி வரி நிச்சயமாய் ஒரு யுத்தத்தால் நிஜமாகவே எந்த தீர்வையும் தராது என்று த்த்துவார்த்த உண்மை. காகமும் அணிலும் சண்டையிடும் காட்சி அழகியலானது. ஆனால் இந்த கவிதை நிஜமாய் உலகயுத்தத்தை பற்றி பேசுவது என்று எங்கோ படித்த நினைவு.

    ReplyDelete
  2. கவிதை - உலக மகா யுத்தம் - பக்கம் 167

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sincere metaphor to expose the pointlessness of war. It can leave crows walking and squirrels flying. It can leave poets on roof-tops anguished and us questionning...
    How is he (Atmanaam) able to compress such dense thoughts with such simplicity? How is able to articulate the affective space of war in such a seamless way? How is he able to super-impose his influences (readings, conversations etc) on an everyday image (of chasing crows and squirrels)? How is he able to extrapolate from the mundane to contexts of atrocities and human histories? His lines mirror themselves back and let us, the readers, in an ever wondering wonderment. Reading it back and forth and forth and back. His skill at (this) 'anti-poetry' reaches a finesse in a poem like this.

    Dad's version:

    The Great World War

    On a roof-top
    fight between crow and squirrel
    as the squirrel chased, the crow flew
    as the crow flew the squirrel jumped
    In the end
    Squirrel flew
    Crow ran
    Nothing happened to anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap