Skip to main content

Aathmaanaam is liberated - விடுதலை - Page 182

Liberation















Inside the glass prison
another glass prison
in that glass prison
is me

I try to
open and
come out
of that glass prison

There is absolutely no way to open it

Irritated
I try to break it
and come out

After a war with my subconscious mind
I stop trying
and decide to do nothing and stay put

Before the blink of the eye
The glass prison vanishes

Everywhere
there is that same light
which was there before

Footnote: It is interesting to note the contradiction and similarity between this poem and the previous one (In the end)

Comments

  1. விடுதலை - பக்கம் 182
    எனக்கு இந்த கவிதை முடிவில் கவிதையுடன் சம்மந்தபடுத்தி பார்க்க முடியவில்லை. சில சார்ப்புகள் இருக்கின்றன இருந்தாலும், இங்கே கண்ணாடி சிறை என்பது கவிஞரிர் கற்பனை அல்லது சூழலின் சிக்கல். அதனை அவரே உணரும் தருண தரிசனம் சிறையும் ஒளியும்.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These last few poems have a synchronicity. I sense a fatigue to fight against the outside. and within the fatigue is a strong sense of self, clarity, truth and an approaching enlightenment which discards our construct of the world. There is something dangerous about people who don't seem to evaluate death as horror but more as an universal call. The architecture of the mind is laid out with material and description. We as a reader are invited to not only let the poet free but our own perceptions free too...
    These last few poems uses very identifiable metaphors for curtailment such as glass prison, iron trunks etc...but I believe I will arrive at making meaning of these metaphors despite its nature of cliche'. Not sure how else to respond to these poems...as of now..


    Dad's Version

    Freedom

    Within a glass prison
    a glass prison
    in that glass prison
    me

    By opening
    the glass prison
    I try to come out

    No way to open it

    In frustration
    feel like breaking open
    and come out
    with my inner conflict
    I stop attempting
    decide to do nothing

    before eyes close and open
    glass prison is missing
    brightness everywhere like before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap