Skip to main content

நான் தான் வீரகேஸரி - Page 124

I am VeeraKesari*





















I am VeeraKesari
I spin my sword
that was sleeping in the sheath
and tear your
thin dry stomach
I place a straw
and suck the blood
With the sharp claws
I cut open the stomach
pull out the intestine
and throw them
to the dogs
that wander for leftover leaves
The boneless flesh has a lot of competition
from the eagles
I tear with a blade
the remaining pieces of the body
jump and kick and push them
to the mosquito filled drainage
On the moving parts of the body
with a double barrel gun
I keep shooting
You keep watching

Note: * VeeraKesari is a 1963 Vittalacharya Movie in Kannada - does it have any relevance here? Kesari means Lion in Tamil - does it have any relevance here?

It is also a symbol in Srilankan flag ... is this an outtake on Tamil Eelam ... There is a daily by that name as well

A violent and dark tone

The powerful can do anything to the dependents

Comments

  1. It looks like a political poem. Strong attack towards normal(not able to fight back) kind of people. Showing power to those who are already kind of under your feet who cant do anything against you even if you disaster them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's Version

    I am Veerakesari

    I am Veerakesari
    rotating/swirling the sword
    sleeping in its sleeve/scabboard
    a scratch
    in your
    sticky dry stomach
    using a straw
    I suck the blood
    using hands with sharp nails
    splitting the stomach
    pulling the intestine
    I serve it
    (from) leaves left after eating food
    and wandering dogs
    heavy competition amidst the hawks
    for the mutton
    I cut all the remaining body parts
    with the blade
    kicking it
    I push it
    into the mosquito ridden gutter
    I keep shooting
    on all the moving parts
    with a double barrel gun
    you keep watching it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap