Skip to main content

இரண்டு கவிதைகள் - Page 125

Two Poems
















Near the library desk
a man is reading a book
He is reading a different book
You are reading a different book
Some day
you both
all
will read only one book
That will be your book

     With the fluttering pages
     the letters morphing as words
     the words morphing as sentences
     the meaning was realised
     After the meaning was realised
     the world ruined
     and a new world was in vision
     The meaning was realised in a moment
     when that moment too was lost
     I see the same world which I saw before
     with the fluttering pages

Note: Two poems in a single poem which could have been made into two poems with a connection ...

That said language, meaning, books and interpretation is a consistent subject that is beautifully debated here

Comments

  1. first poem remains me a poem of Sukumaran, "அவர் படிப்பது வேறு புத்தகம், நீங்கள் படிப்பது வேறு புத்தகம்" this is remains me that poem. This one is good one. Last line of this poem can be interrupted like when you read more all books will give you ultimately the only one thing which you are looking for or all you will read the is the book/books that you have written.

    Once you understand the meaning or essence of something you will ultimately enjoy it only for a while. This philosophy suits for all including the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's version

    Two Poems

    Near the library table
    a person
    is reading a book
    what he is reading is a different book
    what you are reading is another book
    one day
    you both
    everybody
    will be reading
    only one book
    that is your book only


    as the pages flutter
    letters becoming words
    words becoming sentences
    got its meaning
    as soon as I got the meaning
    the world got destroyed
    a new world was seen
    for a moment only, I got
    even as the moment started to slip away from my hands
    I started seeing again and again
    the same old world
    as the sheets flutter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap