Skip to main content

இவர்களையெல்லாம் எனக்குத் தெரியும் - Page 118/119

They, All of them, I know














They, All of them, I know
The lorry company's owners
The Omni bus proprietors
Large mid and small scale artisans
The officer who luxuriously returns in a car
The Superintendent who returns in a scooter
The artisan who walks back with his bicycle
The Engineer
The Doctor
The Lawyer
That person this person
The street picker
The school and college professors
who focus
just on doubling the money
The aunt who returns from the temple
The tea stall master
The person who runs a gas agency
The person who supplies the milk
The person who delivers the daily newspaper
The boy who delivers the newspaper
The cycle shop person
The person who does vulcanizing
The firewood depot person
The black Mariyamma Devi priest
The traffic of the big city
The employees of the traffic of the big city
Taxi and Auto Rickshaw drivers
The departmental store person
The nationalised banks
The savings bank persons
The respectful literati
The forward thinking idiots
The dramatically funny cinema people
Them These and Those

This poem is inspired by the poem titled 'They, All of them, I know' by Charles Bukowski. This has been noted by Aathmaanaam to Brammaraajan when this poem first appeared in Kanaiyazhi. Charles Bukowski's long poem has been translated by Brammaraajan and got published in Swaram-7 (1982).

Comments

  1. "உவர்களை" totally changes the tone of the poem. This looks like a list listing different kind of people and their character and nature but something beyond is hidden. I am trying to find that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's version

    I know all these people

    I know all these people
    the owner of lorry companies
    owners of omnibuses
    large, medium and small sector workers
    the company executive returning back comfortably in his luxury car
    the supervisor returning back in his scooter
    the worker returning back in cycle, by walk
    the engineer
    the doctor
    the advocate
    that fellow, this fellow
    street loafer
    the school and college teachers
    who's only aim
    is in increasing their earnings
    aunty returning from temple
    tea stall master
    person running the gas agency
    milk distributor
    the person who delivers newspaper
    boy who puts the paper
    cycle-shop person
    the vulcanise
    the fire depot person
    the priest of Karumari temple
    traffic of the big city
    workers of public transport company
    taxi and auto driversprovision shop
    nationalized banks
    persons from the savings bank
    most honourable literateurs
    the forward thinking fools
    persons from dram, folk theatre and cinema
    they are these people



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap