Skip to main content

வெளிநாட்டு மனிதர்கள் - Page 130

The foreigners






















The foreigners have arrived
said the helper
Let them inside
I said
Removing their hats two came in
I asked them to remove their footwear
and come in
Switching on the A.C.
I asked them
what they wanted
Whiskey they said
I told them it is all local here
They turned around the letters on the table
and said what are these Indian letters
I told them those were all translations
Laughingly they asked
who was he who asked
Can the prosperous Tamilians suffer
What for that now I asked
In Estonian language and Swahili
we have come here to translate that
they said
From the paper bundles
that lay like garbage
I took out it's
translation
The local arrived

Comments

  1. good one. தமிழ் வளமற்று போகிறது, பிற மொழியிலிருந்து தமிழுக்கு என்னத்துக்கு இங்கிருந்து அங்கே கொண்டு போக முடியுமா? கொஞ்சம் குழப்பமான கவிதை மறுபடி வாசிக்கனும்

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foreigners/ Foreign people

    My assistant told me
    foreign people have come
    'send them in,' I said
    removing their hats
    i told them
    to remove their slippers and come in
    switching on the AC
    I asked them,' what do you want?'
    'whiskey,' they said.
    'here and all its local' i said.
    turning the newspaper on the table
    'What is this, indian letter!,' they asked
    'they aren't all translations,' I said
    laughingly, they asked
    'who is the one, who said that?'
    'How can the prosperous Tamalian's fade away?'
    So what (now)!' I asked
    They said, 'we have come here to translate them
    into estonian and in swahili
    from the paper bundles
    lying like thrash/junk
    I picked-up its translation
    i handed it over to them
    the 'local' (stuff) came

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap