Skip to main content

புறநகர் - Page 128

The suburban















A day when no one is expected
no great work to do
was able to turn a few pages
The audio player played
time went by
Evening
siting on the stairs
the world was moving in sweat
A woman of the Kurava tribe picks her firewood
the schoolgirls without their uniforms
the cows that eat papers
the humans who have skewed faces from their crumpling work
on the returning buses
Some clear faces
on the starting buses
my radio is heard
With the small organizations peace prevails
The evening dailies
roam around
in furore
In the tea stalls
politics
is served hot
with no partiality to any party
The common man
is satisfied
Apparent
riot
confusion
mystery
with nothing of this sort
The suburban
crawls
in peace

Comments

  1. காட்சிகளை பட்டியலிடும் மற்றொரு கவிதை. "சூடாக கிடைக்கும் அரசியல்" நவீன கவிதைகளின் முன்னோடி ஆத்மாநாம் என்பதில் சற்றும் ஐயமில்லை

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's version

    Suburb/Outskirts

    A day not expecting anyone
    (as such) no major work today
    could flip/shuffle a few pages
    the music box started playing
    time passed (away/off)
    evening
    as I sat on the staircase
    world was sweating and moving
    the tribal women picking broken twigs
    school girls (without) not in uniform
    paper eating cow species
    worn out from work and strawed (?) faces
    in the returning buses
    slightly clear faces
    departing busses
    radio continues to play
    peace prevails in small enterprises (shops)
    evening papers
    frantically
    were twisting
    in tea stalls/shops
    politics
    available "hot"
    without party afflictions
    public
    are content(ed)
    apparently without any
    riot
    confusion
    vagueness
    the suburb
    is peacefully
    moving


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap