Skip to main content

தடை - Page 117

The Prohibition














The prohibition
with it's own confidence
is declared
Nobody should stand in a crowd
No gatherings
Apart from religious and funeral processions
no other processions shall be conducted
As the loud speaker from the Auto Rickshaw yells
The public was purchasing vegetables
The commoner does not respect anything
So as that is this
In this country
when four people get together and converse
the things that come out
are well known
Why this riot
There has to be a respect
for the prohibition
To a person
who just thinks from the sky (day dream)
why this prohibition
Arson to the bus
Riot
Lathi-Charge
Teargas
Gunfire
unless these occur
we don't have to touch it
Let us value a prohibition
Let us be respectful
As I walked by
this news fell into my ears
Twelve people
who were fired from their jobs
were on hunger strike until death

Comments

  1. கிண்டல் தொனிக்கும் இன்னுமொரு அரசியல் கவிதை. தடையை எதிர்த்து ஆவேசமான வார்த்தைகளை இதில் போட்டிருந்தால் அது முழக்கம் போல் ஆகி இருக்கும். இதுவே ஆத்மாநாமின் பாணி என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's version

    Ban

    With all self confidence
    the ban
    is proclaimed
    no meetings, none should stand in a group
    except for religious and funeral processions
    no other processions are allowed
    as the loud speakers was screaming from the auto
    public were buying vegetables
    the common man doesn't care for any of this
    like that this too, in this country
    when 4 people converse
    matters that come
    are known universally,
    why this rioting
    My request
    respect should be shown
    for the ban
    for a person
    who is simply
    dreaming in the air
    Why ban?
    unless buses are torched
    rioting
    lathi charge
    tear gas
    firing
    fire resorted
    we need not even torch them
    let us honour the ban
    let us behave respectfully
    as I kept going
    fell in the ears that
    12 people
    who were dismissed from the jobs
    started/commenced 'fast unto death.'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap