Skip to main content

Aathmaanaam's Cooling Glasses - குளிர்க்கண்ணாடிகள் - Page 80

Cooling Glasses











I wore the cooling glasses
The dye clad world
was beautiful in a way
Dyed up humans
looked into my eyes
Someone asked
why this glass
I intended to say
a thousand reasons
He did not believe the truth
I removed the glass and put it down
The world
was beautiful in a way

Note: Perception and Attitude matter

Comments

  1. சாயம் பூசப்பட்ட உலகம். சாயம் பூசப்பட்ட மனிதன் இங்கே பூடகமிருக்கிறது. உலகில் மனிதர்களில் பிரச்சனையில்லை நாம் பார்ப்பதில், எதைக் கொண்டு பார்க்கிறோம் என்பதிலிருக்கிறது.
    Other side of it we are forced by world, situations and surrounding , society people. Due to them we are forced leave our habits. loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's version

    Cooling Glasses

    I wore
    the cooling glasses
    the colour coated world
    in a way it looked beautiful
    the colour coated people
    looked into(stared at) my eyes
    one of them asked me
    why these glasses?
    Thousands of reasons
    I tried to tell
    he didnt believe the truth at all
    I removed the glasses
    the world
    in a way looked beautiful

    An everyday object converted into a filament or veil that divides the world from seeing to perceiving. Behind those sunglasses are keen eyes that are willing to observe and be observed. It’s willing to be undressed of the tint and see the naked truth …and hellya! it isn’t soo bad.
    I do like the attitude he carries in this poem, someone willing to enjoy the world with or without the glasses. He paints a very iconic figure of a modern man with his modern look like Jean Belmondo in Godard’s Breathless to De Niro in Taxi Driver to Amitabh Bachhan in Dewaar and the Rajnikath in Avargal all anti-heroes, contemplative and dressed in those dark sunglasses…in these heroes is also a mirror of the poet whom we can perceive but never see, sinister and sexy... It’s close yet far…
    The faded aviators of Aatmanaam is inside my grandma’s little yellow-cotton-cloth-bag things of Madhu.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap