Skip to main content

Aathmaanaam's Structure - என்றொரு அமைப்பு - Page 28

Like us a structure
















This pen could draw
a drawing
a building map
a street information note
a love letter to a lady
an office's orders
All of these will not happen for now
It will write just a poem
Title will form on it's own
The person who researched the skeletons
knew one thing for sure
Everyone, left to his own devices, forms an idea about what goes on in language which is very far from the truth. Ferdinand de Saussure
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/ferdinandd317689.html
The skeletons live just like us
in houses
in wastelands
at the boundaries of the farmlands
They too have
Kings Ministers Soldiers
a structure

Note: Structuralism quotes ...

“Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.”
- Jalaluddin Rumi

“Everyone, left to his own devices, forms an idea about what goes on in language which is very far from the truth”
- Ferdinand de Saussure

Comments

  1. இந்த கவிதை முற்றுபெறவில்லையோ என்று நினைக்கிறேன். தலைப்புகள் தானே உருவாகும் என்ற வரிக்கு முந்திய வரிகளும் அதற்கு பிந்தைய வரிகளும் ஒரு அரசியல் செயல்பாட்டை நுட்பமாய் இணைப்பாக கொள்வதா, பேனா பிடித்தவன் செய்கைக்கும், எலும்புகளை ஆராய்பவனுக்கும் எந்த தொடர்பும் இல்லை என்று விடுவதா? என்றொரு அமைப்பு இதையே கோட்பாடுகளை கட்டுடைப்பதாக கொள்வதா? கொஞ்சம் குழப்பமான கவிதை

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad had done this translation of this poem a long for me. It's very much like an essay and didn't feel the need to put it here.
    except for his title : "that kind of an organisation"

    Here in this poem, I think we learn something very critical about Aathmanaam. The raw-empty-frame of what might become a poem is in conversation with bones/skeleton that holds a man's muscle, veins, arteries, face, features etc.. I think in this poem there is a confidence that by the mere act of a pen to a paper will put together a text which automatically forms a structure of a poem and nothing else...just like how bones will automatically hold and form the identity of a man. And not only does it form a poem but like bones after the death of a poet spreads itself across our landscape and lives on...he is soo right in this moment..He is soo close to this sensation-ART. I wish I met him this day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap