Skip to main content

Write it - எழுதுங்கள் - Page 106

Write

 

I did not say
how to write

Nothing unfavorable happens
in your lines

The silent Buddhas
wandering the wastelands
let this world to be in ruins
and go with the flow of time
overlooking everything

Not even the distant echo of 
the groans of the guy squashed by this rock world
is heard

The sound of the words
die within them

Write
for at-least the sound of friction
of the pen tip on paper
be heard

Foot Note: Express yourself

Comments

  1. எழுதுங்கள் (page 106)
    எழுப்பட்ட சப்தம் கவிதைக்கு கொஞ்சம் மாறுபட்ட கோணத்தில் இது இருக்கிறது. இதுவும் மௌனத்தின் சப்தத்தையே சொல்கிறது. பேசி வார்த்தைகள் மறிப்பதில் கவிஞருக்கு நம்பிக்கை இல்லை. எழுதி வையுங்கள். பேனா நுனி உரசும் சப்தம் மிகவும் வலிமையானது என்பது போலிருக்கிறது.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write...
    There are two distinct things, inter-twined in this poem. One is the call to write or express oneself and the other is pointing out to the in-active reader/society which ignores and persists in that ignorance. The incapacity to hear the moans of a dying man or the hymns of a monk suggests our incapacities. But the poet is not leaving us hopeless in that state but pushes us to write...as the fine sound of pen to paper can free us...perhaps.
    I like the emphasis of sound and silence in this poem. As it weaves in and out like cinema of Ozu...it's there if you want to hear and it's there even if you don't. The fine sound of a scribble produced by pen-tip on paper requires a very quite mind to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap