Skip to main content

Aathmaanam Ahead of Time - 2083 August 11 - Page 131

2083 August 11



I found one of my poems
in the year 2083
by the seashore
Me and Gnanakoothan were in conversation
When we opened the chickpeas wrapped paper
There were these words
A line on the paper
Aathmaanaam
Wondering
I asked Gnanakoothan
Are we still here
To which he replied
From the heap of baked bricks
a single stone slips
How strange is this
to be in the same place
I said
Where is Nakulan
I asked
He died the next day after Naveenan died
said Gnanakoothan
What's your recent poem
I asked
A B C D E F G
he said
I thanked him
At that point we heard the blast of a nuclear bomb
We both returned
to our refugee camp

Foot Note: Asimov meets Aathmaanaam ...

Comments

  1. ர்சிறு சிறு கதைகள் வரிகள் இணைந்த கவிதை. இந்த கவிதையை எழுதி நூறு வருடங்களுக்கு பின், நகுலன் இறந்த மறுநாளே இறந்துவிட்டார். சூளை செங்கல் குவியலில் ஒரு தனிகல் சரிகிறது இதில் ஏதோ குறிப்பிருக்கிறது. அதே போலவே அணுகுண்டு வெடிப்பிற்கும் அகதி முகாம் பற்றி குறிப்பிடுவதற்கும். நாமே இங்கேயே வா இருக்கிறோம் என்று கேட்பதற்கும் சில புள்ளி இணைப்பை எதிர் நோக்கி வைக்கப்பட்டிருகிறது

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a film trapped in the body of a poem. Here’s an opening, that wishes to evoke the most fundamental question? As Heidegger puts it in Phenomenology, the philosophical question refocused its attention on “being”, while accepting the basic unquestioned doctrine of modern philosophy, that man does not have direct access to the mind-exterior reality. We find this claim clearly demonstrated in Atmanaam’s poem, for example, the setting of this future date, ‘2083,’ in this he has made a decision to define the world as 'spirit,' and his definition of spirit is a positioning of oneself interrogatively towards being. He claims, in fact, that no one has a fair chance just like Nakoolan or themselves (Gnankoothan and him) both of who have to return to the refugee camp. Heidegger claims that the question “why is there something rather than nothing?” and it is the most fundamental question that mankind can ask. Interestingly enough, even though this is the most fundamental question, Heidegger claims that in asking this question we run into a preliminary question – a question Atmanaam asks first “How is it with being?” The question of being comes before the question of existents represented through Nakoolan and Naveenan. This preliminary question actually holds the key to answering the fundamental question of Metaphysics, even though Heidegger claims that it is impossible to actually know being, as it is an empty concept. That being said, it almost looks as if he is saying that, for the time being we cannot know being due to the disintegration of Spirit through our misunderstanding of spirit (remember that spirit is the definition given for the term world).

    I’ll let this complexity lie there, in the ceiling…

    Now here, ahead of us is cinema…a slice of Science Fiction…Blade runner or Stalker..
    Dislocating time lands us into a realm of the inner time…that is here and elsewhere.
    And in it a matter-of-fact conversation between two friends..
    Boom goes the bomb..
    We need the excuse of fiction to stage who we truly are.

    I really want you to watch this..and perhaps somewhere here is the poet and his pursuit...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBQOaQOpkx8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I wanted to ask, while doing this poem with my father, he pointed to two lines which are before,
    ' I said
    Where is Nakulan
    I asked'
    Which my father transalated as,
    'He said, realising 'beingness' is life'
    let me know, you take?
    this is menat to be in itallic

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2083 August 11

    A poem of mine
    I got it in 2083
    in the beach
    me and gnankoothan
    were talking
    on opening the soondal
    (saw the word )
    a line in paper 'Kagithal ooru kodu'
    'aathmanaam' ????
    poem begins
    in surprise
    I asked Gnankoothan
    are we still here?
    he said
    from the burnt bricks stack
    a single stone is slipping
    said
    how strange it is
    i said, being (to be) in the same place
    He said, realising 'beingness, is life'
    I asked, where is nakulan?
    he dies the next day
    after naveenan's death
    your recent poem, i asked
    a, e, ee, uu, o, ae, oo, ou
    he said
    I said thanks
    just then
    heard the sound of atom bomb
    we both
    returned to the refugee camp

    ( need to cross-check with dad, unable to read some letters/words)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap