Skip to main content

Aathmaanaam's Kiss - முத்தம் - Page 45

Kiss
  
Give a kiss
In a furore
when you are moving ahead

Your girlfriend comes
Without any hesitation
hold her in a tight hug
and
give a
long
continuous
soothing
kiss
Seeing you
let the others too
kiss their girl friends
Kiss
is a symbol of freedom
After you give a kiss
you forget
and fuse
At the bus stop
under the train
in the library
amidst the crowded parks
inside the shopping malls
with shrunken homes
and the blown-up city's bustling streets
kissing
is the only way
Do not let go a kiss
to convey your love
to convey your adventure
to prove your existence in the available few seconds
any other better device
than a kiss
is hard to find
Start your kissing affair
today
now
this moment
Come on quick
your next lady love is waiting
keep advancing
Two thousand years after the birth of Christ
we are moving towards the twenty first century
Eliminating all the obscene body movements
cleanly
kiss
kiss with a kiss
and
start the kissing epoch

Foot Note: "Kiss me and you will see how important I am". - Sylvia Plath,  The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Comments

  1. கவிஞர் முத்தம் பற்றி மட்டும் பேசவில்லை. அவர் நகர நெருகடியை கிண்டல் செய்கிறாரோ என்று தோன்றுகிறது. மறு வாசிப்பில் வேறு எதுவும் தெரியலாம்.

    ReplyDelete
  2. கவிதை : முத்தம் பக்கம் 45

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it do something? The repetitive stating of the word 'kiss'?
    From where I stand it dislocates its sensuality and makes it a gesture to provoke multiple meanings. It tries to cash in on its sensation and disposes its privacy. The poem disrupts its eros and incubates it into a call for action/freedom. This quote of Sylvia Plath in a way is sensual and lonely quite different from that of the Kiss of Atmanaam. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Do: விற்பனை அங்காடி.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap