Skip to main content

Aathmaanaam's Beginning (TBD) - ஆரம்பம் - Page 143

The Beginning



Before coming here
There were
A big rock
This sea which is
tirelessly shouting
and wallowing
Glacier
River
that glows in the sunshine
Laterite soil, Clay, Alluvial soil
A big dust aroused by the wind
When all these function elsewhere
A Homa Kunda in your belly
the inferno soars and soars and spreads as a ball of fire
Fire-flowers inside you
Sky is up and down
Silence everywhere
Greenery

In a billionth of a speck of dust
As a tiny atom
I was born
Amidst the blinking stars

Comments

  1. ஆரம்பம் - page 143
    தீப்பூக்களாய் திரண்ட கவிஞர். பெரும்பாறை, கடல், பேராறு, பெரும் புழுதி இதில் இருக்கும் குறிப்பென்ன?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A concaving convex, this happens to be one of my favourite poems… I like the way he pulls us under the skin of the earth and exposes us to the infinite… only to introduce us to his birth which of my opinion is a mirror to all our births. We are nothing but a speck. We are everything but a speck. I like this poem…and I like it better in January.

    p.s M.S. Ramaswami has also transalated this poem, which i will share with you when we meet next and I have a reading of Brammarajan of this poem, given to me as a gift for beginning this journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we discuss this in yashu's studio with other things:0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap