I am I

From the branches of the drumstick tree
leaves fall
life goes on
Painter of the sky in blue
Sculptor of the cloud structures
Presenter of the scenic trees
Provider of the white foam to the sea
Sand, Mountain, Worm, and Insect
It's me It's me It's me
Foot Note: Who am I? I am God. I am a creator and hence I am God.

From the branches of the drumstick tree
leaves fall
life goes on
Painter of the sky in blue
Sculptor of the cloud structures
Presenter of the scenic trees
Provider of the white foam to the sea
Sand, Mountain, Worm, and Insect
It's me It's me It's me
Foot Note: Who am I? I am God. I am a creator and hence I am God.
நான் தான் நான்(page 98)
ReplyDeleteஇந்த கவிதை இரண்டு பத்தியில் முதல் பத்தி மிகவும் அசாதரணமான ஒருவன் வாழ்வியலையும், அதே அவன் கற்பனையில் அல்லது சக்தி அளவு இந்த இயற்கையை படைக்கும் அளவுக்கு இருப்பவனாகவும் சொல்வது. எழுத்து செய்பவன் இறைவன். இதுவும் நிஜம்.
மறு கோணத்தில் இறைக்கும் இணையான படைப்பாற்றல் கொண்டவன் அன்றாட வாழ்வின் நிகழ்வுகளுக்கு கட்டுண்ட வாழ்கை நகர்வின் அங்கமாவது விதி.
A poem like a song. A lone standing ‘I,’ merged with the sensuousness of nature(me). He has a way of extracting from an affirmative sense of time to the eternity of sky or shore. A falling leaf evokes a sense of continuity and in that continum is the shaping, sculpting and forming invoked by the creator...
ReplyDeleteMy father suggested this: instead of cloud structures, cloud clusters.
And instead of sand, he suggested mud. I did like those suggestions… because of its alliterative qualities. (treat this para as italics)
Just a new edition:
ReplyDeleteThe provider of words to a mood. And in that mood he sees shapes not just in words but in the sky, the cloud, the trees and everything else.
The opening three lines…distant from the main body yet suggests we pause…to see around us with gratitude.
Dad’s version
ReplyDeleteI am me
Leaves are shedding
From the branches of the drumstick tree
Life moves on
The one who painted the blue sky
The one who sculpted the cloud clusters
The one who fills the eyes with trees
The provider of white foam to the sea
The soil, the mountain, the worm, the insect
It’s me, it’s me , it’s me