The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds
Translation of Aathmaanaam's poems from Tamil to English by NundhaaKumaarun

குழல் இனிது யாழ் இனிது...
ReplyDeleteAnother classic poems and excellent translation. No words to right beyond. :)
I like this opening line; “I gave my pen” sounds like an endeavour of valour for a poet. And out of that very pen comes out a child with its epic like creation. But the poem also seems to question the ways of seeing not just of the poet but the nature of lines, shapes and forms…and the only true thing is that a child is always a better artist than anyone can hope to be…
ReplyDeleteI like this John Berger’s write up:
http://neba.finlit.fi/booksfromfinland/bff/398/berger.htm
p.s. I love this Picaso’s quote and your son's lines..its amazing how kids see shapes.
குழந்தையின் புத்தம்புதிய சிரிப்பில் காவியத்தைத் தரிசித்துச் சிலிர்க்கும் ஆத்மாநாமின் Ôபழங்குடி மனநிர்வாணம்Õ பிடிபடாததில் வியப்பில்லை. இந்நோக்கில் காணும்போது, Òகவிதையின் முக்கிய பாகம் அதன் ஜீவசக்தி. அது கவிஞனது உள்மனத்தின் உணர்ச்சி உத்வேகத்தைப் பொருத்துத்தான் இருக்கிறதுÓ (1988: ப. 34) எனப் புதுமைப்பித்தன் கூறுவதற்கேற்பத் தம் உணர்ச்சி உத்வேகத்தை நம்பியே கவிதை செய்தவராக ஆத்மாநாமைப் பற்றிக் கருதலாம்.
ReplyDelete