Skip to main content

காலம் கடந்த - Page 141

Outdated



















Today's day is forgotten
Today's date is forgotten
Today's month is forgotten
Today's year is forgotten
Only the vehicles moving on the road
tell that this is twentieth century
Only that
being said again and again
has frozen in memory
Otherwise
the same chariot festivals
consecrations
priests
princes in the names of ministers*
property disputes
parting families
competition jealousy animosity
war mania
death threats
democratic dictatorship
law books
human rights in deep sleep
instability
To forget the grief
magazines cinema
astrological and  religious magazines
Why this poetry
for which citizen
For the dog
that prattles under my feet
Still my hope
has not diminished
Still some more
love is left

Note: * What does this line mean?

Comments

  1. Not really get into the real sense of this poem. நாளை நமதே என்பது போன்ற நம்பிக்கை. அன்பு இன்னும் மிச்சமிருக்கிறது என்ற வரி மட்டுமே மொத்த கவிதையை தாங்கி நிற்கிறது. ஆனால் அந்த வரி ஏன் வந்து என்பதை என்னால் உள்வாங்க முடியவில்லை

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ôகாலம் கடந்தÕ கவிதையின் கடைசி எட்டுவரிகளைப் பிரம்மராஜன் வெட்டி நீக்கியிருப்பதற்குக் கவிதையைச் செழுமைப்படுத்துவதற்காகவே அவர் அவ்வாறு செய்துள்ளதாகச் சிலர் காரணம் கற்பிக்கிறார்கள்.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

அழைப்பு - Page 162

The Invitation On the second floor - at the attic near the single window me with myself eating food Nearby on the neem tree branch a crow called Thinking whether ancestors or deities I placed a morsel of rice outside Rice by rice the crow flew away I do not know whose ancestors they were Note : An ordinary man with extraordinary deeds

மேலும் ஒரு நான் - Page 160

One more me I am not a saint too I am not a Siththan* I am a genius lunacy caught non-lunatic I am an educated uneducated poet I am a patient though knowing  the medicine who does not take it I am an inexperienced/ignorant  who has touched truth Not a perfect but does not know to lie Not a truthful person but I say the truth I am the one who exists transgressing these Note : *Siththan - What is the English equivalent?

ஒரு புளியமரம் - Page 155

A tamarind tree A tamarind tree became my friend recently Accidentally when I went there after a voice from the shadow do you know me I shuddered looking upon that tamarind tree do you remember the other day when you came to pick the tamarind fruits you slept on my sister's lap then I waved the cool wind on your face on your body everywhere come however to my lap