A Horse Ride

As the neurologist drives the vehicle
I sit behind
The vehicle's sound
does not bother him
I am on top of the
fluttering brain
His drive
goes on the street smoothly
After crossing the red stars
he stops the car
I am on the street
He sips the coffee fast
But I drop by drop
We have reached home
He climbs the stairs leaping
I am still counting the stairs
Foot Note: Intriguing treatment

As the neurologist drives the vehicle
I sit behind
The vehicle's sound
does not bother him
I am on top of the
fluttering brain
His drive
goes on the street smoothly
After crossing the red stars
he stops the car
I am on the street
He sips the coffee fast
But I drop by drop
We have reached home
He climbs the stairs leaping
I am still counting the stairs
Foot Note: Intriguing treatment
கல்யாண ராமன் இந்த கவிதைக்கு ஆய்வுரை எழுதி இருப்பதை இப்போது தான் படித்தேன். இதில் இருவர் ஒருவர் கவிதை சொல்லி மேலும் அவரது நண்பர். இருவருக்கும் சத்தம், வேகம், விதி மீறல்கள் இதனை எப்படி அணுகுகிறார் என்பது நேர் பார்வை. இதில் கவிதை சொல்லி பின்னிருக்கைக்காரர் இருவரும் பயணிப்பது ஒரே வாகனம் ஆனால் எதிர் எதிர் புரிதல்கள்.
ReplyDeleteThis is a poem, that I will definitely visualise for the film. Somehow in it I see a dailyness. Somehow in this poem I see the Ambatur house and it's staircase. Somehow in this poem I see my father as the man who rides the vandi (car/bike). Somehow I see the red traffic light (star) against the blue skies of Madras. Somehow in this poem I seem to get a sense of Madhuchikappa's pace which is two steps behind the other. Somehow I know to recite this poem and in this recitation, I have an architecture of my childhood. Strange, that it is of a world of Mental Health but I seem to see only summers with my grand mother in that house, in the back room. Strange, how I can see see my father's hurry. Strange, how I can make this poem my own..while it is his own. Strange how I can't rid myself out of this image...perhaps I should...
ReplyDeleteTodo - வாகனம் - car illa
ReplyDelete